Teens and Parent
The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information. Please also check the additional links provided for physical health for a more comprehensive understanding of your over-all well-being. The following is not meant to be a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of the content of the sites.
Resources for Teens/Young Adults
Engage – http://engagetherapy.com
- Engage is an integrated private practice that offers a full range of outpatient services. All services were born out of the need to support families and community partners. Their mission is to improve the mental health of the community by building a community that fosters good mental health.
Teen Line – teenlineonline.org
- TEEN LINE is a confidential hotline for teenagers, and run by teenagers, which operates every evening from 5:30pm – 9:30pm PST. It is affiliated with Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Teens Helping Teens Crisis Line – Teens Helping Teens Crisis Line
- 1-800-TLC-TEEN (1-800-852-8336)
Crisis Text Line – www.crisistextline.org
- 24/7 Crisis Text Line in which a live person receives your text and responds quickly
Resources for Parents
Grown and Flown – grownandflown.com/
- A blog which tries to cover the range of issue relating to raising kids ages 15-25. We write about High School, Social Media, Midlife, College, Coming Home, Good Parenting, Bad Parenting, Cooking for Two, and Lessons Learned from Other Parents and Grandparents
Center for Parent Information and Resources – www.parentcenterhub.org/
- Resources and support for Parents
Parent Project – http://www.parentproject.com/
- Parent Projects mission is to “develop parent-training programs for parents raising difficult or out-of-control children. We are committed to providing highly effective programs that are affordable for every parent.” Parents meet one night per week for 2 to 3 hours per night. The Parent Project activity based curriculum allows parents to learn and practice behavior management techniques at home. Parent support groups are formed using the UCLA self-help support group model.
Triple P – The Parenting – Positive Parenting Program – http://www.triplep.net/glo-en/home/
- The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program is one of the most effective evidence-based parenting programs in the world, backed up by more than 35 years of ongoing research. Triple P gives parents simple and practical strategies to help them build strong, healthy relationships, confidently manage their children’s behavior and prevent problems developing.
Subscribe to our
If you’d like more infomation about our practice or would like to receive new blog post notifications, please fill out the form below and submit.
3625 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Ste128
Westlake Village, CA 91362
Mon – Fri: 9am – 6pm
Weekends: 10am – 3pm