The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information. Please also check the additional links provided for physical health for a more comprehensive understanding of your over-all well-being. The following is not meant to be a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of the content of the sites.
Crisis Text Line – text Start to 741-741
- Every person is connected with a Crisis Counselor via text message who is trained to bring a person from a hot moment to a cool calm moment through active listening and collaborative problem solving. All of Crisis Text Line’s Crisis Counselors are volunteers, donating their time to helping people in crisis.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress
American Association of Suicidology – www.suicidology.org
- To promote the understanding and prevention of suicide and support those who have been affected by it.
American Foundation For Suicide Prevention – www.afsp.org
- AFSP raises awareness, funds scientific research and provides resources and aid to those affected by suicide.
Suicide Read This First – https://www.metanoia.org/suicide/
EMDR Institute – www.emdr.com
- Founded by Francine Shapiro in 1990. EMDR Institute provides workshops/conferences in order to become trained in EMDR. Also, a great resource to learn what EMDR is, and how it works.
EMDRIA – www.emdria.org
- International organization of EMDR which works to advance the education, practice, and science of EMDR therapy.
To Write Love on Her Arms – https://twloha.com/blog/
- To Write Love on Her Arms is a nonprofit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and invest directly into treatment and recovery.
Ventura County Crisis Team – 24/7- 866-998-2243
- 24/7 Mobile Crisis Response Team/Hotline for residents of Ventura County
Los Angeles County Crisis Team
- 1-877-7CRISIS (1-877-727-4747)
- All other areas, 1-310-391-1253
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – www.nami.org
- NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
American Psychological Association – www.lapsych.org
- Association represents licensed psychologists. Provides membership information, events, referrals, and continuing education links
Autism Society of America – www.autism-society.org
- The Autism Society, the nation’s leading grassroots autism organization, exists to improve the lives of all affected by autism
Anxiety and Depression Association of America – https://www.adaa.org/
- The Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) is an international nonprofit membership organization (with more than 1,800 professional mental health members) and a leader in education, training, and research for anxiety, depression and related disorders.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – www.samhsa.gov
- SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.
MentalHealth.gov – www.mentalhealth.gov
- Providing resources for mental health services in your area
National Child Traumatic Stress Network – http://www.nctsn.org/
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network was established to improve access to care, treatment, and services for traumatized children and adolescents exposed to traumatic events.
Give An Hour – www.giveanhour.org
- Provide services for at-risk populations and other groups in need that can benefit from our model of delivering services through a network of volunteer professionals. Since 2005 we have focused on providing free mental health care to active duty, National Guard and Reserve service members, veterans, and their families. In 2016, we began expanding our efforts to address the mental health needs of other populations.
Subscribe to our
If you’d like more infomation about our practice or would like to receive new blog post notifications, please fill out the form below and submit.
3625 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Ste128
Westlake Village, CA 91362
Mon – Fri: 9am – 6pm
Weekends: 10am – 3m